Saturday, September 6, 2008

The Breast Cancer 3 Day Walk is getting closer....

I have got to buckle down and get busy on my training. It's just so hard to walk that long all by your lonsome. Everyone that has talked about walking in this 3 day with me has backed out. With exception of Flo (baby boy Ferrell had a little something to do with that). If there is anyone out there reading this blog that wants to walk in the 3 day please get in touch with me. I am not going to quit, I am gonna push on for my mom!
My mother pretty much raised my twin sister, brother, and I on her own. She is a strong lady and she is proving that every day. She has been through so much lately. She is in the process of receiving a stem cell transplant at MD Anderson. She has had some difficulties arrise which has set things back a bit. Her last chemo caused her to have a mild heart attack, and they have been harvesting her stem cells, but they did not get enough. So this week they admitted her into the hospital and gave her a very strong chemo treatment to bring up her stem cell count. And starting Monday they will start harvesting again. Hopefully they will get enough this go round. Please continue to keep her in your prayers, she still has a long journey ahead of her!

Ok back to the 3-day it will be Nov 7-9 and I am soooo excited. Even though I am no where near ready I think it will be an uplifting experience! Again if anyone wants to walk please contact me.

You can click the link on the right to make donations. Also any donations would be greatly appreciated!!!!

3 comments:

Flo and Grace said...

Hey! I really do think you're gonna do great on this walk - a bit sore afterward I'm sure - but you'll do great and it's a wonderful thing you're doing. I wish I could be there with you...we could've had some really good girl talk in 3 days! Maybe I can come for the finish line finale? I'm still hopeful that you're momma will pull through all of this - not just survive, but THRIVE!
Flo

Flo and Grace said...

I like your new design, too!

Katney said...

I was looking at my sitemeter and found that someone doing a search came upon both your blog and mine. I am doing the 3-Day in Seattle next weekend. Last year I did it with my daughter--she recruited me. I set up a team this year--then she said, no I'm doing the Seattle to Portland bike ride instead. She didn't--the peerson who was doing it with her bailed on her.

Hey, you can do it!! Really. There will literally be hundreds in the same boat--you will never be walking alone. You will find a good buddy by the first pit stop--I promise.

Hang in there.

Are there training walks in your area, or are you out in the boondox like me? If there are, join one--you will find other walkers there. You can also find some through the participants' center pages. I forget how, but e-mail me through my profile and I will figure it out again.

I had to check in so late that I have to pick up my credentials at the opening. I don't even have a tent assignment, much less know who I am sharing it with. It's another adventure.